Monday, July 14, 2008

iPods and Heat

Well I have a bit of time to kill before I leave to go tutor, so here I am. The first subject that comes to my mind is my iPod. I had never given myself permission to spend that amount of money on a MP3 player. To come to think of it, my other MP3 player was a birthday gift from Jacob over 5 years ago. Anywho, my dad and Gary bought my sister and I matching iPods. I LOVE MY IPOD! I honestly never thought I would seriously enjoy it as much as I do. My iPod is one of those I can put movies, games, and of course music. Well dad and Gary had bought Jacob our Wii for his gift, and since we share the Wii we decided we would share the iPod. I had no idea how much room 80GB could hold. I still have no idea. I have 4 movies, over 300 songs (mine and Jacob's combined) and of course about 10 games. I am only using 14% of the entire memory. I watch the movies on plane trips, and listen to my music....well all the time. I bought an arm band and made a "work out" play list and have a bunch of high energy songs to run to. Then I bought this iHome speaker and play it while I am in the shower, as a matter of fact....right now, pretty much anytime. Then Jacob bought the wire that connects it to our home entertainment speakers so I can play my music really REALLY loud, and all throughout the house. This thing is the best! I know this is totally random but I LOVE my iPod!

Then the next topic is heat. I just have to get this off my chest. This subject sometimes hits a nerve with me. When people first learned that Jacob and I would be moving to Atlanta, all they ever said was "hope you like heat".....well blah blah blah.....! If you have never lived here you have no idea! Here is a perfect example: Today July 14th the high here will be low 90's; 93 to quote our weather man. Trisha called me and told me that when we will be in Ohio, which will be Wednesday, it will be around 100. Okay so yes people we get warm, but we stay pretty steady. Last year we never hit 100 degrees, but MI had quite a few 100 days. I love the heat! I also love how it is a steady heat....not an up and down, 50 one day and 100 the next. We will stay in the 90's until Sept, and then gradually go down to the high 50's and stay there until we gradually go back up next spring. I just want people in places like MI, IN, and OH where your temps change drastically daily, that is so much worse than any heat you will live through here. Okay I am off my high stool now. I am just saying, don't rule some place out to live because you have "heard" of the heat. Live it and then make a decision. Okay sorry that was a lot, but in ending when we head 7 hours North we will be in more heat than we are here....enough said.

I am heading to the doctors tomorrow, and will try to do a quick update. We are leaving for OH to camp with my family from Wednesday to Sunday. I can't wait!! Also we had our house inspected yesterday and it is minor fixes that need to be done. We have asked the sellers to make the corrections before we close on the deal. We should hear from them sometime today with what they will do. Okay, thanks for reading my crazy, random thoughts on life!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Nice post!! I like my iPod too! Glad you've joined the iPod fan club!! I had to laugh at your heat comments..I agree, but of course I'm a native. Really, we only have a handful of bad days each year. I feel the same way about traffic...when we moved back here from SC, people would be like "oh, Atlanta? The TRAFFIC"..umm..right, I sit in NO traffic. I live 2 miles from work. Please, people! Traffic CAN be bad, yes, but it's usually just because people have chosen to live 30 miles away!! Sorry, just had to add my own vent to this.