Tuesday, July 15, 2008

No Remission Yet....

Okay just got back from seeing the Doc. My counts are 163,000 still very good and in the healthy range. The problem is, of course there is a problem, that my counts are dropping. Well DUH! The deal is that the Rytuxian (sp?) is leaving my body at a very slow rate. There is still quite a bit in there. It will all be out after 3 months of not having any treatments. So what they want to do is check me in another month, then a month after that, and then they "might" be able to say if I am in remission or not. The might is there because they will have to check how much of that chemo stuff is still in my body. As soon as there is no trace of it, and a month passes, and my counts are still high, then they can claim remission.

Of course I have to let them know if I show any symptoms....bloody noses, bleeding gums, bruising, excessive tiredness ...blah, blah, blah. I had my traveling restrictions lifted (yay since I am leaving for OH tomorrow :) and I can get dentist work! Yippie! HAHA! I still have to wear this beautiful medical bracelet until I am for sure, FOR SURE in remission. Boo to that. Also no tattoo any time in the near future, another boo to that!

All in all I am happy with the checkup. I just wish things went faster. Like they could claim remission NOW. RIGHT NOW! Alas this won't be happening for at least 2-3 more months. I guess right now pray for patience as I try to go on doctor time....not my time. I will be gone for the next few days enjoying the heat in good 'ol Ohio.....catch ya later!!

No comments: