Monday, July 28, 2008

The First Box


Well I thought I would take a break from packing! Yes, Jacob and I have finally decided that packing would be a good idea since we are still scheduled to move in 9 days. I packed the first box this morning. It is full of some of our DVD's.

As I was packing I just kept thinking about how much I hate moving. Since I moved to college, when I was 18, I have moved 6 times. All of those were to temporary apartments. I have to say I have many good memories from those places, but all the memories are after I was unpacked, and never while packing. I don't know why I am so against packing. I should be good at it you would think. And yet, as I was wrapping the wine glasses today I just couldn't help but think I would be unpacking those in 10 days or so. So what is the point? I think to myself what if we just carried everything over to the house. It is only about 8 miles away, 10 minutes in the car. Of course I know this is a delusional person talking, but I just don't like packing.

Then of course there is the thought of the heavy stuff. I am physically unable to carry parts of our bed, and the couch anywhere. I can't even move these pieces around the house. So we have to ask someone with a bit more strength than myself, and I hate asking people to take time out of thier day. Then there was the thought of hiring a moving company, I mean again we are moving right down the street. Well to do that, we could hire them for the day for an easy payment of $400....and then some other fees that are not listed on the website. We just bought a house for goodness sakes, we can't afford to ask strangers to come and move us.

So we have decided to rent a large truck, so we can take it all over there in one trip, or so we hope. The truck is much closer to our price range so we can deal with that. But then that relies on our strength, and time to move it all. Why can't we just snap our fingers and all of our belongings move to the other location....now I would pay a great deal for that.
Well that is enough rambling, and I really should get back to packing....the dishes are next. I will grumble through all of the packing and then unpacking. But think this should technically be our last move for at least 5 years....

No comments: