Saturday, August 2, 2008

4 days and Counting!!

Can you believe it? We are officially closing on our beautiful purple house in 4 days. We will close on the 6th at 3pm. Oh goodness...oh goodness! I am way too nervous! and excited! and happy! and scared! and terrified! and giddy! Okay I am just not sure what to be!

Packing seems to be in good order. We took all of Monday (and that means I packed by myself until 5 when Jacob got home, and then he packed with me) to pack, pack, pack! We left out some dishes, and some toiletries. We have to do laundry and then pack our clothes. That is the last thing to do. The pictures throughout this blog entry are of Simon being so darn cute. He has had a lot of fun trying to find new places to sleep. He is so cute sometimes!
We also got some HUGE news last week. My BESTEST FRIEND Shane was just making small talk online, and then all of a sudden says "so would you and Jacob like some help moving next week?" WHAT? I couldn't believe it! Shane and his girlfriend Diana (they are both in Chicago becoming eye doctors) will be coming down to help us. I have never met Diana in person, but talk with her on the phone, and online, she sounds AMAZING! I am so SUPER excited! They are thinking they will be here around Thursday, and then be able to stay until about Monday! Oh my goodness I am so excited! For those who don't know Shane and I met our Sophomore year at Western through a mutual friend and pretty much became room mates 2 months after meeting. We grew as friends, and then became super close. I love him so much! We have a lot of fantastic memories together! We fight all the time - think like close siblings - and yet we have such a great friendship! I can't wait to meet Diana, and get to become a close friend with her also! I am so excited! Have I said that?

Then on Wednesday I got together with Sara and we went school shopping - she is a 4th grade teacher. I was very successful, and am grateful to have a honest, and fun friend. It is always nerve wrecking to go and try on clothes, and then have a friend tell you look good, and you look like a blimp....but I have no worries with Sara! While we were out doing teacher/girl things, Jacob and Jeff - Sara's husband- went to the driving range and did boy things. It was such a great afternoon. Then while I was out with Sara I got a call from my uncle, who we call Crazy Uncle Dave. He had called to ask if Jacob and I wanted any help moving! FREAK OUT! I was so excited. First because I would get to see him, Aunt Ann, and my cousin Dillon, then second because all these people care enough to make sure that Jacob and I can move quickly and safely! I was so excited. The biggest problem was that technically Jacob and I don't have too, too much to actually move - we still don't have a bunch of junk - but I wanted to see them so much. So we are trying to work something out. I wouldn't want them to come down and then actually move, I would just want to hang with them! We are hoping to see them for Thanksgiving though!

I spent a lot of time in my classroom this past week. I got quite a bit done. Thanks in part to Jacob. He comes in and does all the tall/high things. I like to hang things from the ceiling, and put up posters on the high walls. He pretty much does all of that for me. I love him so much for taking his day off and coming into my classroom to climb on desks and chairs for me :) I swear I married him for his height! :) JUST KIDDING!

Well it should be a pretty busy weekend. I am tutoring today, Saturday, and then finishing laundry and packing up the clothes. Then Sunday I have this major deal at church, I am a classroom greeter for the Kindergarten program, and we have a kickoff from 8 -2 and then my school is putting on a last day of break picnic from 3-6, so Jacob and I will make an appearance there too. WOW! So much going on!

Oh and I changed my blog colors for my Grandpa Larkin. He (well actually Grandma L. wrote it....but anywho) wrote me an email explaining that it was hard for him to read, and if I could change the pink to a darker color life would be easier for him! Of course! I love my G and G Larkin! They are both amazing people! Of course I will change the colors for you! I hope these colors are better! If not just shoot me another email and I will change it again!

Have a great few days!

No comments: