Saturday, August 16, 2008

Complete and Utter Breakdown

Okay from the sounds of the title you might be thinking "well what has happened?" Yes I know I have been away from the blog in quite some time but who can honestly blame me after you hear all that I have been doing....

Teachers in GA started reporting technically the first week of Aug (Aug. 4 to be exact), but at my school we got an email that stated during that week we would have virtually no time in our classrooms so we were highly pressured to go in the week before. Of course I was in that whole week before. I needed my classroom totally redone, bulletin boards needed to be done, I needed to have my lesson plans done....ect... So I was in my classroom for 5-6 hours a day, then would come home and pack. Who knew all that little stuff would be the killer.

The email had not lied. We were in fact in meetings almost the entire day all week. Our meetings would end at 3, and I would be in the classroom until around 7, 8 at night. If you are a teacher you are totally there with me :) Worked so hard to get as much done as I could, because Shane and Diana were coming on Thursday night, not to mention our closing day was switched to Thursday, so much going on....I seriously was on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

Finally Friday came. That is our meet and greet for the kids. The kids can come in and see where their classroom is, who their teacher is, blah blah blah. That was a good time. I seemed to have some great parents! Then (and this is no lie) all of the kids schools supplies come 15 minutes before we are suppose to be allowed to leave, and we are told all the supplies have to be unpacked, and labeled (with each child's name) before we leave on Friday. WHAT?! I was freaking out. I was suppose to be with Shane and Diana finishing taking over the rest of the boxes. We were already a day behind because of the closing day being switch. I called Shane and Diana, and to the rescue they came. We unpacked all of the boxes, and finished up the room, and we got out at 5. Mind you teachers stopped getting paid at 1 that day. Thank you government. We were able to make 2 trips over to the new house, but again on the inside I was just a mess because we were still so far behind where I had thought we would be.

Saturday comes and Jacob and I picked up the moving truck and the 4 of us started to do our moving thing. Our good friend Josh came over to help with the big stuff. I swear if not for Josh we would not be able to move period. Jacob and Josh move the big stuff, and then the 3 of us did the other stuff. It took two trips with the big truck, and all 3 cars completely packed and believe it or not we still have stuff over there. Without Shane and Diana, and Josh this move would still be taking place. It of course was hot - we are in GA in Aug, so by 6 o'clock we were all so tired and disgustingly dirty, our new found focus was to find a shower curtain. We found one, and we started taking showers. I can say that a shower never felt so good. It was amazing. I was sore, and tired, but now clean!

Our friends Jeff and Sara came over about 7ish. We of course love them as we have stated before! We all went to Steak N Shake. Shane, Jeff, and I all worked at the same SNS, that is how we all became friends. Well none of us eat SNS too often anymore so we all went out. And we all got so much food. It was so delicious! We all came back and played some Wii, and some had some celebratory beer. HAHAH! None of us drink wine, or champagne. We are all still college like. :)

Sunday I was up early to do the the children's' program at Buckhead Church. It was a blast, even though my body was so so soar! After I got back we unpacked enough to find my school clothes, and some dishes. Then we took Shane and Diana to midtown. Diana had never been to Atlanta. We did the most touristy place we know...around the Olympic park, CNN, the GA Aquarium, the World of Coke, and then back to the park. Not too exciting but there isn't that much to really tourist in ATL.

Then it all started to set in. I was going to have children in my room in less than 12 hours. I hadn't been in my classroom for over 48 hours, would I be ready? Then all the stress of still having stuff at the other house, not changing our address properly, not knowing where things were in the house, my friends were leaving the next day (something that always makes me sad) and then of course school, made me go over the deep end. If you know the real real me you know I stress easily if my finely laid out plans don't go how I thought they would. So I spent a majority of the night in the bathroom physically sick. I had finally hit my breaking point, and lost it.

Needless to say my past week went without much of a hitch. I love my class. I have some great personalities. We are all off to a great start. I am feeling healthy enough to come home from school and unpack a little bit. I went to the docs on Tuesday ( he was worried about all of the bruising I was calling in) and everything is fine. He pushed off remission for at least 3 more months, but there is still a chance.

My goals for this weekend are to get the kitchen finished, and the office. Not too big of goals but I think big enough for me. I will try and get some picture of the house with our stuff in it up soon. I know lots of people have been asking for them. I am feeling much better about things, I just learned my lesson, don't move and start school all in the same 3 days.

No comments: