Thursday, July 10, 2008

It has been a busy while.....

So sorry it has been a long time since the last post. But alas I am here to write of the good and bad for the past while. To be completely honest I have been busier than ever for the past 3 weeks. The make up CRCT Math test for 5th grade was yesterday, and so parents of children who had to retake this were calling me and making tutoring appointments for test prep. I was tutoring pretty much every day (including the weekends) from 8am - 6:30 pm. I am enjoying the money but that was a long and tiring few weeks. Happy to have a few days off!

About being tired...I have been. I want to completely believe I am tired because of how busy I have been for the past while, but then this little voice creeps in my head and says "wow I feel like my platelets are low..." Sad I know. I go to the doctors on Tuesday for some blood counts and that will tell the truth. It has been 3 weeks exactly with no medication. I have been continuing to loose weight. Not nearly as fast as I was, but it is still about 1-2 lbs a week. I am down over 15 lbs overall. I can't complain, just let it keep falling off. I have been trying to get out and run. I am up to 2 miles, sad compared to my old 4 miles a day when I was healthy, but still a close start. I will keep working up my resistance daily. But feeling so worn out lately is not helping me add on the distance. Oh well we can't say anything for sure until next Tues....oh I want remission so bad I can taste it!

Well since I last wrote America celebrated her birthday! We got together with all Michigan friends who have moved down here. Jeff and Stacy, and Jeff and Sara met Jacob and I at Centennial Olympic Park midtown Atlanta to watch the fireworks. It was a hot, hot day. No shade, and not a cloud in the sky. I loved it, which means everyone else was close to a miserable. Being with good friends always boosts your mood, and we were with some of the best! I love you guys!!

Jacob wet after the random downpour!Our make shift drying areaYes I am a dork, but my toes are cute Jacob hiding from the sun
Jeff and StacyJeff and SaraCute us in Sunglasses Cute us with sunglasses tan marks!



Jacob and I had our 2 year anniversary. It pretty much slipped by without us giving it a second thought. People don't get mad at this next statement. It is not here to make anyone upset or gag out of being semi disgusted. Jacob and I find it hard to celebrate "special love days" (anniversaries, valentines day, sweetest day) because we are just happy to see each other each day. We went for such a long time 3 years and 9 months with out seeing each other. That was 1,365 days and out of those days we saw each other 12 times for a total of 37 days. ( Not that anyone (me) was counting) We never celebrated those love days when we were apart because when we were able to see each other it was like a love happy day on that day. Okay enough of the gross love junk. But non the less I love Jacob more than words can describe and I am incredibly happy to be with him! Happy 2 years, a bit late! It seems like just a few days ago we were dressed to the nines and having a beautiful wedding!




Then the other project that has been clouding our thoughts is the fact that we might be moving into a house as Aug. 6. I know every one's jaw just dropped but hear us out. We have been looking into getting a home for over a year now. With the economy down, buying is a great deal right now. We have an agent, Abbie, who is amazing and has walked us through this whole process. We have looked at home after home. In the area we want (right outside of the perimeter, because we can't afford in the perimeter) there are not too many houses in our price range. We found the Purple house, below, that we fell in love with...yes I said purple, laugh it up ;) It has 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, built in 1992, a 2 car garage (almost unheard of down in the south), a fenced back yard, and a fully finished basement. Pretty much everything we dreamed of and more. We went into a bidding war with some other couples and got word last night that the sellers have accepted our offer, and we are now in contract with them. We have 15 days to decide if we want the house or not. We are meeting the inspector at the house on Sunday. I am overly nervous, but so super excited all at the same time. We had our trusted friends Jeff and Sara, come and look at the house too. They have given us the okay, and were great helps with what might be wrong, what we should ask to be fixed! WE LOVE JEFF AND SARA!


There she is our purple house


Right as you walk in the front door



Another view of the living room



The Master Bedroom




The kitchen/dinning area




Part of the basement


I hope you have enjoyed this long post. If you only looked at the pictures that is all good too, as you will get the general idea! I will for sure update after the doctors on Tuesday! Pray for REMISSION!

2 comments:

Allie said...

Wow! It's beautiful!!!! And it looks like it's in perfect, move in condition! Awesome!

We'll keep our fingers crossed for you! And happy anniversary!

Jill said...

Oh SOOO fun!! I'm sorry to be reading this NOW, after I saw you this morning, though as you saw Sunday mornings are not my best times to chat and catch up! But, I'm excited that I will be seeing you regularly from now on! =) So, I want to hear more about the house! Where is it? How did the inspection go? How exciting!!