Monday, July 21, 2008

White Trash Weekend


We had the best weekend ever! I will not bore you all with all the details but here is a general idea of what we did.

Wednesday: In the morning we got up and took our friends dog Callie to be spayed. We had kept Callie the night before. We call Callie and Lola BFF's (best friends forever)! HA HA! We love her, and know Jeff and Sara love Lola because they kept her while we were gone. Anywho after we dropped her off, we were off to Ohio. It took up a bit over 7 hours to get to our site. We set up our camp. The campground....Morgans' Campground, was beautiful! It was amazing! The sites were huge, right on the Little Miami river, covered with trees, gorgeous. Mom, Duane, Trisha, and Rob (Trisha's boyfriend) made it there after 11pm. We set them up and then chatted around the fire pit.
Callie!

Me and Callie

Jacob and Callie


Thursday: We slept in, which means we were up at 8:00...when the sun peeked through the tent. When we woke up we found that a raccoon had gotten into our food tent, opened a suitcase, and ate a loaf of bread. I find that very funny! We made breakfast and just chilled around. That afternoon we went canoeing. Jacob and I love canoeing and it was great! Jacob even got out and swam for a little bit. There were not too many "rapids" but it was still fun and exciting!

Duane the "hee-man"

Trisha and I still buy clothes that are way too similiar


Friday: Kings Island Day. We did all the normal roller coasters! Mom and Duane even went on quite a few. Trisha is a wimp but she went on a couple of them. We had a great day! The lines weren't too bad. Jacob and I did this "fly" thing. They bring you up and strap you to some cables. Then they let you go. It is amazing! I have always been too nervous to do this "ride" but Jacob said I went through chemo it is time to up my thrill level. I loved it! We are still hoping to sky dive soon enough.

Before we jumped!

Flying HIGH!!


Saturday: Pretty much a relaxed day. We went to this Flee Market, that had palm trees on its roof. Enough said. This was the most white trash thing I have ever been too. It was hilarious!! They had stuffed raccoons, plastic chicken, plastic deer, and of course the most random items I have ever seen in one place! Mom and Duane ran us kids to the ground. We were completely wore out. HAHAH! When we got back to the camp we went body surfing down the river rapids that were by our campsite. We didn't even wear life jackets. We walked upstream above the rapids, then swam into the rapids and rode them down. The bottom of the river was stones and tree stumps. It hurt so much but it was so much fun we kept doing it!

The Dead Raccoon

They ran us to the ground...we were so tired

We are strong and body surfing!
Body Surfing...you can see our heads!
Sunday: We got up and took down the camp. It was sad to know that our weekend was ending. It was so good to see my family. We left around 11, and got to pick up Lola around 7ish. She was SUPER happy to see us. Jeff and Sara took pictures of the two BFF's together, I should be able to put some up soon. We unpacked....always the hardest part of a trip. It was such an amazing weekend. So much fun!

I will end this post with just this saying:

You can take the girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the girl!!


To see the rest of our "white trash weekend" photos click on this link

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2240784&l=3f8bf&id=12126284

No comments: