Thursday, December 30, 2010

The end is near...for resolutions that is

This post won't be as gloomy as the title states. I am thinking about the actual end of times, but that is because I just finished reading the ENTIRE Bible. That was a goal for 2010 and I did it. A day early, but I figured I had the time, and just kept reading. But the last book of the Bible is Revelation and is what I think the most intense book of the Bible. I have always felt this way, and struggle to read through this book. I find it is complex, confusing, and scary. This is all for another post....but if you would like to get into a conversation or know of any books on this book please share in the the comments. I would love to dig this apart.

Anywho the end I am talking about is the end of 2010. I was looking back at my post from the beginning of this year. WOW! It seems so long ago. I was really looking back to see if I had made any mention of any resolutions for 2010. I didn't find any but did make mention I wanted to keep working on the ones I had set from 2009. As I looked back at these I felt I had made some major gains on all of them. I worked on them from 2009 - today, and I would like to keep them very similar.

Here are the ones from 2009/2010
1. Every 90 days go off somewhere together
We did this in 2009, and for 2010. YAY!
2. Spend some quite time with God everyday
I can't say I did it EVERYday. But pretty close. I did much better in 2010. I did finish reading the entire Bible, and the books of Psalm twice.
3. Cook at home at least 4 nights a week
We always start out strong then waver, as life gets busy. On average I would say we did this 3 times a week. We have good intentions, but then become lazy.
4. Get to the gym at least 2 times a week
Definitelycompleted this. 2 times....of course. Most weeks I was able to workout even more than that.
5. Walk the girls (the dogs) once a week
Did not happen. We must be doing something okay as both of the girls are at a very healthy weight, but we must get better at this!

Here are the ones for 2011
1. Every 90 days Jacob and I take a small mini vacation somewhere.
2. Continue spending quiet time with God each day.
3. Cook at home at least 4 nights a week.
4. Workout at least 5 days a week.
5. Exercise the girls at least twice a week.
6. Continue putting money into savings/403B each month

I think the overall goal is to continue to keep good health and make my life overall a bit more enjoyable. I think that is the reason to set goals anyway. So as the year ends, I think that I have done a pretty good job the past two years at little by little making life a little better. Now this year I will have to make a little more effort to make the girls lives a little better. :0

No comments: