Friday, June 20, 2008

Amanda is BACK

Believe it or not I, Amanda, am back. And in full force! Yesterday I had my last scheduled chemo. It went fine....a bit longer than normal but fine. I got some super great news from both Doc. Ellen and Doc. Saleh. First we found out my counts are still up so I will not see them again for 4 weeks! Now that is exciting! Doc. Saleh reminded me I will see them for the rest of my life, just not as often anymore! :) Then Doc Ellen gave me the okay to start kickboxing and spinning again. She said no to the tattoo, or at least not yet. I am not in remission yet, so I am can not be 100% back.

Then we talked to both doctors about our future. The first good thing is that the quicker a person responds to the treatment the longer the person is in remission. Well I have responded immediately, so that gives me a lot, A LOT, of hope! Then we talked about the option for children. Dr. Saleh has said that there is NO WAY I can pass ITP to children. We also found out that when Jacob and I start thinking about having children (a while from now for sure) but when we do think about it, if we talk with the doctors they can start preparing my body for pregnancy. I will most likely be able to carry the baby full term. ITP will come back, but if we are prepared I should be fine. That is very very exciting news!

The weight has started falling off. We knew it would but the fact that it really is, is super! I have been able to do my 3 mile walk daily, and some days I have been making it 6 miles! I also just started to run. Only running about 1/2 a mile, but still, I have enough energy to be running! I will be going to kickboxing today! I seriously can't wait!

I think that is about it. All such great news! We are happy here in the ATL!

Me with Doc. EllenDoc. Saleh


No comments: