Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Adventures of A and T

My lil sister Trisha.

What to say, what to say. Our parents somehow produced complete polar opposites, who love each other more than words can express. I am outgoing, organized, and athletic....Trisha on the other hand, shy, disorganized, and the girly girl who played with dolls.


While we were growing up, we always had each other, no matter where we were. It would take months for me to write all of the memories I have with her.

These past few days we were able to make quite a few more memories.




Friday, Jacob and I picked her up at the airport. This was her first time flying alone, and she has only flown about 5 times before that. She did so great! I was so excited to see her. We went to the Georgia Aquarium, and of course had a lot of fun! We just hung around the house, played some Wii and played with all the animals. We went out to walk to Dairy Queen (my all time favorite!) and as we started these really dark clouds started to arrive. We had already walked about a mile away from home and it started down pouring. Trisha is TERRIFIED of thunderstorms and the lightning and thunder was right over us. Jacob said he would run home and get the car, and pick us up. Well Lola, Trisha, and I just kept walking. Trisha was screaming and almost crying....I love thunderstorms but the lightning was a bit scary....it was striking very close to us. We finally came upon a bus stop and Jacob caught up to us with the car. Needless to say we ended the night soaked!!







Saturday we spent the entire day at the water park! Trisha is not quite as adventurous as Jacob and I but she did so great!! She rode almost every ride. It was such an enjoyable day. My withdrawals of Prednisone so I got a terrible migraine, and I was a bit more tired than normal, but considering I had not stopped after the chemo on Thursday I would say my body was probably just tired. After the park we went to Sonic, so good....so fatty....so good!! We finished the night playing Wii, and watching this show Jon and Kate plus eight.....an interesting show to say the least.



Jacob had to work Sunday so Trish and I hung around the house. We went to Lenox Mall, and walked around. Then we drove around until we found a nail place that was open and went and had fake nails put on. Trisha had this lady who was mad about something that happened at CosCo and she took it out on her hands. It was quite funny! Both of our nails look fantastic though! Jacob came home from work around 6 and we made some homemade pizza. We ended the night playing some Mario Party....and I didn't come in last!



Monday we all got up and took Trisha to the airport. I was very sad to see her leave. She made it home safe, but I wish she just lived here. Jacob and I went on a search for a Wii Fit. We finally found one on accident...but either way we now have a Wii Fit. For those who don't know what this is it is a video game that helps you stay in shape. It has yoga, strength changing, aerobics, and balance exercises. It is a workout for sure. It measures your body weight, and keeps track of your exercising log. I LOVE IT! I worked out for an hour today!!



I am sad Trisha is not here, but life must go on. Today (Tues) I let my body rest and organized the storage closet. Wednesday I am tutoring and have an eye appointment, then of course Thursday is chemo day! I hope everyone is having a good week!


Trisha I LOVE YOU!!


No comments: