Monday, July 1, 2013

Health

Health :
Noun
  1. The state of being free from illness or injury: "he was restored to health"; "a health risk".
  2. A person's mental or physical condition.
Hmmmm, definitions to think about I guess.  Health has been a topic of conversation in my life for the last few years.   So as friends start to ask, "So how are you?" I am not shocked.  And as many people have figured out if I don't write about it in the blog, it can't be great news.

But actually, I have nothing new to report.   My counts are holding steady...well at least I hope they are.  I haven't been checked since the first week of April.  My schedule and my doctors schedule aren't exactly aligning.  Maybe subconsciously I am avoiding him, and the purple fortune telling blood collecting tube. 

I have been in contact with the OBGYN, and nothing new to report there either.  I have still not healed from the trauma labor.   Yes, this means I am still bleeding, 10 months later.  I stopped taking any sort of steroid back when I got really sick in March.  The doctor has offered coming up with another concoction, and I politely declined.  But to be honest not being healed is getting to be annoying.  The doctor has talked about one thing he is pretty sure would work, a hysterectomy.  Every time he mentions this I get teary-eyed, and refuse to talk anymore about it.  There is another blog post in the making all about the second baby issue.  Not for this post. 

Besides that I feel great.  I have an activity level of a normal 20 something.  I am working out 6 days a week.  I am sleeping fine.  I am keeping my cool with a 10 month old.  My life seems to be in order. 

So health wise....I am no doctor but I think I am as healthy as ever!

No comments: