I am not in the mood to write. I can blame it on the Prednisone which had me up all night with insomnia. So here are basics...
Tuesday - Baby doc takes a CBC. I am 3 in dilated. Baby is still in a good position. The doc thinks Pat is 6 - 7 pounds. He says if I haven't gone into labor by Friday (Aug. 24) he wants to induce. This was all when he was going off of my platelet numbers at 51,000.
Wednesday - I get an email with my counts which show the platelets at 39,000. I just waited for the call. The baby doc called and said he wanted me on Prednisone. However, I was at school until super late, because of open house, so I didn't get the call in time to call my blood doc to find out how much to start taking. SIDE NOTE - I also got a call, from the lady who I thought was going to be my sub, that made me very suspicious, and question her commitment.
Thursday - Blood doc called and said I needed to start 50 mg, and we will re-evaluate next week. We will discuss the weaning process after labor. I took my first dose Thursday night. SIDE NOTE - I receive an email from my sub's husband letting me know that he had just checked her into a mental institution.....I consider checking in right behind her....I was back to the drawing board with a week left at school to find a sub.
Friday - I make all my lesson plans and copies for the next week. Even though I plan on being there I am being cautious. I was able to talk with a sub who is interested with doing the long term position, but he is on vacation until Aug. 26.... The way I am looking at it is he will be able to show up on the 27th, and I guess that is the best I can do. There will be no transition, but at least there will be a person in my room on the 27th...
So there we are. I am in a fog today, and I feel like I could crawl out of my skin. I HATE prednisone, and what it does. I know with my platelets this low, I am left with no choice. We are still considering an induction, but need to hash out the details. I am going to be super picky if we take over what nature should do. I will see the baby doc again on Tuesday. I haven't had any braxton hicks, or any real contractions as far as I know.
I have no more patience to sit on this computer another second....
No comments:
Post a Comment