Monday, June 13, 2011

A Trip to FL and on to MI

June 2nd found Jacob and I headed to St. Pete, FL for Shane and Diana's wedding. It was so amazing and words can't express how amazing it was to be asked to be part of it. We arrived in time to go to their bachelor/bacherlorette party. We were able to spend our mornings running along the Gulf coast, and enjoy sunsets over the water. I mean it seriously was a great vacation/wedding event. We stayed right in the resort that the wedding was in front of, and the reception was in. It was just amazing!




Shane and I were college room mates that be came best friends. We officially met through a friend our Sophomore year at Western Michigan. I needed a room mate to take the extra bedroom through the summer, and Shane was looking for a cheap place to stay to take summer classes. And so we tried it. If I remember right we had only met a few times, I think like two, before he officially moved in. But it ended up working out great. We became close friends who finished our last two years together as room mates. We love each other so much, you could say to death. We argue a lot, and neither one of us backs down. We are both quirky, stubborn, and opinionated. But somehow our friendship has with stood 7 years. I would say I would do almost anything for him. He met Diana their first year at Optometry School, but it took him a few years to ask her out. But when I officially met her, I knew she was perfect for Shane, and told him so :) I just feel so honored that I was able to be part of their big day, and part of their lives!




Click here for the rest of the pics!


We got back from FL on Monday and I left with Lola and Lucie for MI on Wednesday. I am needed to get ready water aerobics so I will have to write more about my MI adventures at a later date.

No comments: