Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sick of being the Sick one

The doctors visit went fine. We went in, and got my vitals done. No fever, blood pressure back to normal, and my weight for the first time in almost 2 months has stopped fluctuating.

My platelets are back up. 124,000. So I seem to be back in the clear for ITP. Their only guess about the Petechia is my fever/viral infection plummeted my platelets. My body went into hyper drive and created enough platelets to make me healthy again. So the petechia is almost all gone, just a few spots are left. The doc told me over and over again I was totally in the right calling them, and if anything else happens like that not to hesitate to call again. Until then I am back to my 3 month check ins. So I don't have to go back until July.

So now I am left with a referral to a stomach specialist. But my weight isn't fluctuating like it has been. And really since the whole fever deal, my stomach doesn't hurt too much. So my question is do I call the specialists now, and just describe what I felt, or wait until the first sign of it happening again and go in then? I really dislike doctors in general. I have seen a lot of doctors in the past 2 months. I am tired of being the sick one. I am ready to be back on track with my 1/2 Marathon on the 20th, which is looming over me.

Well another week is almost done. Friday is tomorrow, and I ready to make this a new pledge to get Amanda back. So I am done being the sick one....

1 comment:

Lauren Starks said...

Wish I had some great advice -- just really relieved your platelets are back up!