I have not been avoiding the blog. I have been working on my new goals. I have been wrapping my brain around what my life is suppose to look like. I would say overall it has been a really good week.
Everyday by 4 p.m., except for Tuesday, I was out of school. I brought nothing home to work on. I worked out Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. I am keeping track what I am eating, and when. I have never felt as good as I did this week.
I am feeling in a way that is hard to explain. I feel like life is falling into place. I ask myself why did it take so long for me to set and keep these boundaries. I know 20/20 hindsight, and I am really feeling it.
I used to think staying busy equaled a full life. Now I see I may have been misguided. I would explain it to myself that I was so worried about money, I needed to get a million after school jobs, Jacob had to be working all he could, and then I was a budget crazy person. Throw fostering for shelter animals, and both of us becoming students, I am really not sure how I kept myself thinking that was what life was suppose to be like.
When we found ourselves in a low point, and our marriage needing more attention than ever, we stopped everything extra. Jacob left his job, to focus only on school. I left all my after school jobs behind, to focus on being a full time 3rd grade teacher. We focused on giving our 5 animals what they needed. I will be taking a break from being a student. I have never felt more free. I have never felt so connected to Jacob. I have never felt so great in where I am in my life.
I have made a lot of mistakes, but I am not one not to learn from them. I can see how a busy life does not equal happiness. I am a simple girl, and I should stay true to myself. Less is more. Okay enough cliches. But you get the idea.
I am going to keep up the new goals of not staying at school any later than 4 p.m., except for Tuesdays. I will not bring anything home. I will take the time needed to take care of myself first, before helping others. I will choose to live simply. I will take in each day as it comes.
Tomorrow does not equal yesterday. And honestly I am so happy for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment