Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Back in Gear

This shouldn't be too long this time around. I am tired. My first day back to work was, eventful. Lots to catch up on, and get the kids back in the mode of when I talk you shut your mouth. A rough start, so a bit exhausted. Oh and 4:45 a.m. is pretty early in the morning.

I just need to get a few things out so I feel like I am a bit more accountable. The sit-in-front-of-the-tv-mindlessly is getting kicked out of my life. I have an entire other blog on this topic, so not much more to say. I got a little too used to the TV just being on while I was home on break and with no Masters work to keep up on....it got a bit out of control.

Jacob and I are using Googlecalendar (I know...welcome to year 2007). We have both found we are much more productive when we really schedule out our days. So t.v. watching is being scheduled from now on. Yup. That is right. Also being placed on the schedule are items such as reading, cleaning, and cooking. I have found when you get so specific it is so much easier to do it. When I know there is time in my schedule to cook dinner, I am so much less likely to think I need swing past a drive thru, or order pick up. I am also loving getting through my books so much faster, because I have set aside time for it! This is day 2....

Also workouts are being placed on my schedule. I know...I just finished the marathon, but hello I didn't die. My legs were done being sore on the Tuesday after the race, so I am up and ready to go. I won't go out doing like 20 miles, just getting out there. My mouth thingy, well lets just say I read through the post-op pamphlet in detail and it said nothing strenuous 24 hours after.... I won't go crazy. Triathlon season will be here before I can believe it, so tomorrow I am back to Wednesday Night Swim. I also have a group run, and bike on the schedule.

I will get my life back in gear....

No comments: