Sunday, January 23, 2011

Oh weekend.....

The weekend got the better of me. Well not as much as it could have. Maybe I am putting too many goals into play too soon.

Saturday: Up early, and ran 7 miles with Get Fit Atlanta in Buckhead. It was a super hilly seven miles. But we took it easy, slow, and steady. I finished feeling pretty great. It was really cold though. Then Jacob and I went to Waffle House. We had about 45 minutes to kill before our counseling appointment. So normally I get cheesy eggs, and grits. But I choose a veggie omelet, with egg whites only. I did have some hash browns... Counseling was great, and then home to shower, and get a mani/pedi. I met back up with Jacob to go dress shopping for Shane and Diana's wedding. It was a success and I found my bridesmaid dress. Then Jacob and I went to this pizza place called Harry's and shared a cheese, pepperoni, and onion calzone. We went and saw the movie No Strings Attached. I only ate like 1/3 of the popcorn bag.

So overall on my goals:
I didn't turn the TV on once (YAY)
I exercised!
I DID NOT cook at home. Unless you count the bagel I toasted...and I don't.
I made some good choices for food. Could have been way better. I figure this was my big downfall for Saturday.

Sunday: Woke up and went to church to do UpStreet. Ate a bagel (no cream cheese) and 1/5 of a muffin. Went to 11 o'clock church. SO GREAT! I love my church! Jacob and I went to our FAVORITE mexican resteraunt La Parrilla for lunch. I ate a cheese, ground beef quessidilla. I know there are a million different, and healthier choice I could have made. And let's just say I put a HUGE dent in the chips and salsa. I got home and took a nap. Then I did some small cleaning around the house. Jacob helped set up the bike trainer and I put in 45 minutes on the bike trainer. I turned on the TV for the first time while in the trainer. I mean I really don't think I could make it on the trainer and not have something to distract me. And that brings us to right now.....trying to decide what to eat for dinner. I am thinking in the healthy range....

Overall on my goals:
TV was on for 1 hour. Pretty sweet!
I exercised!
DID NOT cook at home (yet) and really dinner will probably be a microwaved lean cuisine, as Jacob is at a church group tonight.
I DID NOT make good choices for food. I could have done a lot better. But seriously Mexican food is my weakness....must work on that.

So this weekend I think overall I did pretty well. I am loving this new no TV world. I am so much more productive. Weekends are hard to cook at home, because we are out and about all over metro Atlanta. But to no excuse. Something to work on for sure. I did get exercise in, and I was pretty close to keeping my portions under control.

So here is to a new week, and another week of making great choices!

No comments: