Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Haps of Late

So the last post was Tuesday. Here is a nice and pointless run down of what has happened since then!

Wednesday - Jacob had the day off so we hung out most of the day. We did a quick 6 miles in the morning, and then swam in the pool. We went to see the movie Eclipse. Jacob really liked it. I thought it was decent. I can't think of anything else, so must not have been a major day.

Thursday - I had a ridiculously productive day. I had mowed the grass, vacuumed, swept, and mopped all by 9:30 in the morning. Then we had a group bike ride at 6:30. I have a road bike (Alice) and we have had many good bike rides together. As I tell you this please keep in mind that my shoes are clipped onto my bike. If I can't unclip fast enough, or correctly, my body is connect to the bike. When we got to the turn around point, me and my partner Lavonne, stopped to refuel (eat some nutrients). When we went to take off and I just fell over. For no reason. HA! I fell in grass so it was no big deal. But then at about mile 10 we were stopping to cross the road and Lavonne went to hold onto a post. Well she missed the post and she fell over. I started laughing (in good humor of course) and as I was laughing I went toppling over. Except this time I landed hard on my hip and shoulder and in gravel so my knee was pretty messed up. Alice was a little messed up in the handle bars, and seat. But we finished riding, blood trickling down my leg. HA! Then, on Thursdays, we are suppose to brick. Brick means you bike for an hour and then run for 20 minutes. So I get back and rack my bike, and figure....sure why not, and off I take on foot.

Friday - I woke up to go for my morning 2 mile run, and I couldn't move my right side. Literally I thought a truck had hit me during the night. After about an hour I finally forced myself out of bed, only to find a very swollen and bruised right hip, and shoulder. GGRRR!! I was so mad. I had thought the worst of the fall had been a scrapped knee, but wow! I really did a great job on this one. So most of Friday was me trying to stay as still as possible. Pain killers are blood thinners, and the last thing I want to do is thin my blood, so I just stayed as still as possible. I skipped swim practice, which was disappointing to me.

Saturday - Early morning we do long group runs. And it was 11 miles. I was a little (okay a LOT) worried about this stupid injury. I decided to run with the group that is slower than my normal group, and it was a great decision. Starting out was really hard. My hip was pushing my pain tolerance. But I got in a groove and had the best 11 mile run I have ever had. It was amazing. I felt great afterwards. For the rest of the day Jacob and I just worked around the house and did a few little things here and there. Then we finished yesterday off with purchasing a new living room set. We have been looking at this set, and we finally made a decision. This is a much decision than it seems. We are have decided to move the dogs to the basement for a majority of the time. That is where our family room is, so we spend a lot of time down there, but now they will stay down there when we are gone. They will not be allowed on the new furniture and I am excited to have a nice living room area! We will put up new pictures after everything is complete.

Today - Jacob and I have just hung around the house. We are doing a whole lot of nothing. Later we will meet our friends the Burdens downtown to watch the fireworks. I love the fireworks, and have been looking forward to them for a while! I hope everyone is having a great 4th of July and celebrate America's birthday!!!

No comments: