Four years today Jacob and I had possibly the best wedding day (I might be a little biased) I am shocked that it has been four years. I love him more today than I did when I met him at age 11. A friend from high school, Nicky, just recently wrote a post about what she admires about her husband. This got me thinking. Jacob and I don't celebrate "days". We do little for birthdays, normally nothing for things like Valentines Day, or anniversaries. But I thought, he deserves something. So I wrote him a quick blob about why I love him. Most people do not get to see the Jacob I do everyday. Jacob is shy, reserved, and hard to get to know. There are few people who truly know him. I thought I would post on here to shout to the world why I just might have the best guy out there!
Top TEN Reasons
I LOVE YOU
LOYALTY – I have put you through more than most strong men could stand. You have never wavered and you have stayed with me through the most difficult of times. You have seen me at my moodiest, my fattest, and my sickest. You were the rock that I needed, and leaned on. Your loyalty to me means more than you will ever be able to comprehend.
PROVIDER – You are a provider to our animals and me. You work at a job that you don’t like so that we can live with no wants. You continue to serve our country for the freedoms that so many take for granted. You are going to school so that you will have a career that will take care of us in the future. I never have to worry being taken care of with you.
COMMITMENT – Everything you do, you do with full out commitment. Be it school, the Army, our marriage, Get Fit Atlanta, or your fish, you fully commit yourself. If you say you will do something, you do it. You are dependable as a husband. I feel as though I have a true partner in life.
RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD – Your relationship with our Heavenly Father is just there. You don’t need to prove anything to anyone, you just believe, because you believe. I love that about you. You are secure in understanding God’s plans, and you are happy to follow wherever that might lead. Your ability to sit back, and allow God to have the reins is something I wish I had.
INTELLEGENT – You are a very intelligent person. I am in awe of what I learn from you daily. Your researching skills, and your ability to learn new information is awesome. You use the trait of commitment to make sure you know as much as possible before making a decision. I can rest on the idea that any decision you make comes from an intelligent and researched thought process. You have become an amazing handy man around the house, and I know I can go to you with anything and you will help me with it.
CONFIDENCE – You know who you are. You are so secure in your ability to do anything. I guess you could say you have a lot of self-confidence. This comes out in many different ways. The most impressive is how you allow me, a strong willed, stubborn, woman come and drive a strong household. You do not need to be an overbearing man, because you know you are the man of the house. You feel confident in yourself to help me with the household chores. You are a husband willing to make this marriage a partnership.
STRENGTH – This can be taken both literally and figuratively. You are a very strong individual. You have survived war; you work, and take classes. You have the strength to take on all of that, and still have time in your life for me. You are emotionally strong when I feel like my world is slowly falling apart. You allow me to voice my concerns, sometimes yell, and just cry. I am able to sit in your presence and bask in your strength.
SENSE OF HUMOR – I love the way you laugh at shows like Family Guy, and Scrubs. You laugh at other’s misfortunes on America’s Funniest Videos. We can laugh at each other, and find humor is places others can’t. You can almost always make me laugh when I really need it.
ADVENTUROUS – You are always up for some fun. You are an Airborne Soldier that should prove well enough how adventurous you are. You love adrenaline rushes, and you never pass on trying something new. That can look like swing dancing, or new restaurants. You are a great partner in crime.
CONTENTMENT – You are so secure in where we are right now. You are happy with what we have, and enjoy where we are in life. You are who you are, and you are okay with that. I love that about you.
** These are in no particular order. What I see in you is what every girl dreams they will marry someday. I love you so much, and I hope that these first four years are just a sweet taste to what we have coming. You are an amazing man, and I am so lucky that you have allowed me into your heart.
HAPPY FOURTH ANNIVERSARY!
I LOVE YOU!
No comments:
Post a Comment