Saturday, June 6, 2009

About Anything


My sister-in-law also has a blog. The difference she is a real writer, so her blog is much more interesting. So when she started out her most recent entry, I was almost in shock. She had stated that she had tried writing in the blog many times, but then felt that what she was writing about just wasn't what she wanted to put up.....ME TOO. I have had plenty of time to write, plenty of ideas....and then....I just never publish them. I have no real reason. So here is an entry trying to make up for lost time.

The first full week of summer was, without any other words that come to mind, amazing. I am feeling really relaxed, my house is in order, and my life is really coming together. I have read 4 books, 2 magazines, and 2 chapters of my text for next class. I have enjoyed having very little to do each day.

Jacob purchased a 55 gallon fish tank. This has honestly taken up most of our free time. Jacob has wanted one for a LONG time so here we are with a huge fish tank in our dinning room. It has been a bit of an issue for me; the water everywhere, fish materials all over my table, no organization, or time table to get fish in there. But Jacob has taken care of it for the most part. We now have 4 fish in this HUGE tank. I hope this venture will no longer be a stresser to me.
On to a topic I am not sure if I have talked about on here. Weight Watchers. I joined WW on the last day of my chemo last July. Since then I have lost 34 pounds. I have made my goal, which is something you set to achieve towards. That means I am a Lifetime member through Weight Watchers. Well at my last meeting they asked me to write my story and submit it to the organization to win (the big prize) of becoming a WW honorary spokesperson. I felt really honored, and plan on completing my essay and submitting it soon. I think that was nice of my meeting members to think of me.

On to the topic of health, my big doctor appointment is Thursday. The one where the doc will claim long term remission. I have no reason to think he will say anything else. I feel great, and very healthy! Jacob and I also hope to get some set answers with what we call the "future family". There are so many complicated situations with this darn ITP, that we need to get some more answers so we can start planning accordingly. DO NOT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS. This is not saying we are going to have a baby ANYTIME soon. It just means we will be making sure we completely understand all of the options.

The picture at the top was of me in the outfit I wore to my baptism video. Looking pretty good if I do say so! :) The baptism video is what they will play to the congregation before I get baptised. To become a member of our church they would like you to get baptised as an adult (to show it is a choice that you make). At Community Reformed (the church I grew up in) we did Profession of Faith. So my video was a bit different. I am lucky enough to have accepted Christ into my heart in 1996, so I just touched on a few of the hard times God has helped me through. I will be baptized June 28 at the 9am service. My sister, mom and Duane will all be here. I am excited to have family here very soon.
Well most of this post was just as boring as any of the other stuff I tried to write. I hope to come up with some better stuff. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look AWESOME. You may have to coach me in Weight Watchers after I have the baby - good for you!! Very excited for June 28 and glad you are loving summer!! You deserve it!

Allie said...

You do look awesome! And I love that outfit!

It's so hard to get those posts up sometimes. And I am so self-critical about what I put up.

And for the record, your blog is plenty interesting. :)