Friday, June 19, 2009

Feeling Productive

I am taking two summer classes. The first one (the one I am in right now) is about Problem Solving. LOVE THIS! Back in April when the syllabus became available I went ahead and printed it out. Now I am in a cohort (small/same classmates) situation so we have had our dates for each class since last November. I (being the planning person I am) planned on getting baptised during the two week break between my classes. When I looked at the syllabus the dates were different than I had written down. I contacted the professor, who happens to be the dean of my Masters Degree, and commented on the discretion. He notified me that the dates had been changed, and the dates on the syllabus were the ones that we would be going by. Normally I am somewhat okay with date changes...but this date change changed everything...

My sister flies in Thursday, and then my mom and Duane will be driving in next Saturday. Then next Sunday I get baptised, and then I have two last days of class. I will be in class all day while my family is here. When I first found out I was really mad/sad. I haven't seen my sister in 11 months and my mom in 9 months. I hate thinking about the fact that I will be in class. To top it off my sister flies back to MI on that Tuesday, the exact day I have my final. So not only will I have class, but it will be my final. Needless to say I was a bit disappointed.

However I have come to terms with the fact that I can't change it. Then being the planning person I am, I got my life in order, mapping out exactly what I needed to finish in order to have nothing to do while my family is here. That way at least I can hang out with my family with any spare time I have. I have my two case study papers written (one already turned in). I have the outline for my final paper (research/10 page paper). I have my visual aid (a brochure) complete, and then I just need to copy and paste some powerpoint slides together. That is it. I am SO SO proud of myself. I still have all day Saturday, Monday and Tuesday evenings, and all day Wednesday to get my final done! I am so so HAPPY!

Other doings:

Jacob and I are upping our running distances. We are up to running 4 miles. We hope to add another mile or so within the next week! YAY!

My step-brother Chris came down last weekend. We were able to hit up Six Flags and just chill. It was a great time. I am happy he was able to visit.

Jacob and I have been hitting up Six Flags and White Water (water park) as often as we can! We love both parks, and love having season passes.

Jacob and I will be swing dancing tonight. Georgia Tech hosts swing dance lessons, and a dance once a month. We did it last month and had a blast. It is a social dance so you go and dance with a bunch of people. It is great. I am looking forward to it.

That is all. Doctors appointment on Thursday right before I pick up Trisha! I am so excited to see her! I CAN'T WAIT!

No comments: