Thursday, May 1, 2008

Sad....

Well went to the docs today. I had guessed that I would be taken off of the Prednisone and my platelets would be at 176,000. I was so WAY OFF.... :(

I am at 86,000, back into the "danger zone". I have to go back to the Prednisone, so that I can be on a steady dose. Then we have to go back to weekly visits until I level back off. The doc thinks I will level out at about 30,000. Then I will have some more Rutuxian (sp) treatments ahead of me.

The good news is that he thinks it will take at least 3 more weeks for me to level out, well that takes me to the end of my school year. So once again God is looking out for me and my kids.

I am sad, I will not lie. The doc even said I looked really down in the face (remember he is middle eastern) and I told him I was really hoping for remission. I even had a tattoo picked out. He said not to worry. If I don't go into remission with Rutuxian, than we will try the next thing. He said he will get me to remission. Encouraging words!

No comments: