I have done annual trainings before. But I feel like every year we have added one more
Every time Jacob has left something crazy happens. We have had major water damage, I have been sick, animals have run away, air conditioners have broken. I mean if it will go wrong throughout the year, it will happen while Jacob is gone. Last year was the first year that his training coincided with the start of the school year for me, which is like two high speed trains heading towards each other. There is bound to be an explosion.
So this year, when we saw we were headed right for that train wreck again, we spent the last 3 weeks prepping, running through scenarios, perfecting a schedule, and organizing child care. And you know what? I know it will all fall apart.
I am prepared for all he** to break lose, I am ready for one or hey why not both kids to get sick. I am prepared for the air conditioner to crap out. I am ready to take one or more animals to an emergency vet, on the weekend. I am
If I am to survive these next three weeks it will be because of the support of my good friends who are taking turns watching Cade and Ellee on Mondays and Tuesdays, my teaching team who will be picking up some slack for me, our sweet nanny who will be on call more than ever to cover open houses, CPR trainings (6 freakin' hours...), and small group meetings, and our daycare for understanding my kids will be there at opening until closing, literally. I know I will survive because I have amazing friends who are doing the army single mom thing for way longer than 3 weeks, and making it look doable (yes, I am talking of your my sweet Misty).
So here's to the next three weeks. If I seem a little disorganized, frazzled, not dressed as I should be, or found crying and rocking in a corner remind me how blessed I am, and then tell me to suck it up cupcake.
I will thank you later.
No comments:
Post a Comment