Sunday, July 26, 2015

Where did summer go?

And just like that.  Summer is gone. 

Since the last time I blogged my skin is a little darker.  I am running on a bit more sleep.  I am following a better schedule.  I am a ton more relaxed.  My heart is a little fuller with great memories from the past 6 weeks.

Jacob and I get so little time during the school year, that this summer we knew we wanted to take advantage of the time we could get together.  And we did not let having a new little one slow us down. 

Everyone I know was more than happy to tell me what a big change going from one to two kids would be.  Almost everyone said that baby #2 would be opposite of our first, so I had prepared myself for a screaming baby who never slept.  I guess we really lucked out and got another go with the flow, sleeps anywhere baby.  So our adjustment to having two is really just the amount of time it takes us to get ready to leave the house.

This summer Ellee got to experience so much.  Good thing we took pictures, as she will never remember it.  She got to go camping, the beach, her first road trip, and she spent the longest amount of time in Michigan I have ever stayed since we moved away. 

Getting all of my things ready to go to back to work has been hard.  I have a summer soul.  I love the warm weather.  The sun.  The freedom to do whatever whenever.  The long days.  Being outside. 

But this year I am in a place of peace going back.  I haven't been in that place the last couple of years. 

But who can answer me?  Where did the summer go? 








No comments: