Saturday, May 5, 2012

A few hopes

So I am now 23 weeks along.  Technically Monday makes 24 weeks.  I am sick right now.  Strep throat of course.  I swear I catch strep if I am in the same town as someone who has it.  It is not going around school, and I don't know of anyone else who has it.  But I am on bed/couch rest for at least the rest of the weekend. 

I have had some time to think about some hopes/dreams I want for Baby Pat.  I still think Pat is a boy, and Jacob still really wants a girl, and won't say if he thinks it is a boy or girl.  So anyway here are just a few hopes I wish upon Pat.

* I hope Pat has my blue eyes.  I know brown eyes are dominant, and I am obviously attracted to brown eyes, but blues eyes are still considered rare. 

* I hope Pat gets dark brown hair.  Since Jacob and I both have brown hair this shouldn't be too much a genetic problem. 

* I hope Pat gets my darker skin.  Jacob also has dark skin, but he can burn from the sun.  Normally only once a year, but I don't burn at all.  It is a special genetic thing I have.  The dark skin looks amazing with blue eyes, so I guess these two hopes kind of go together.

* I hope Pat is tall.  Ask me in person and I will swear to you I love being 5'3".  But there are some disadvantages being small.  Jumping in the supermarket, to reach the top shelf, is not always becoming.  Most people would be semi disgusted to know I jump up, barefoot, on my counters to reach the top of my shelves in the kitchen.  (I do clean my counters like a crazy freak....but still) Jacob is 6 feet tall and can reach it all.  My parents, and my sister are tall.  They are all over 5'7".  So again being tall will not be too hard to create genetically, but I am short.....

* I hope Pat is athletic.  Jacob and I both are athletic, and our bodies have the muscles that can handle that lifestyle.  I hope Pat is coordinated, just for societal reasons.  It makes life through middle/high school a little easier.  Don't get me wrong, I don't need a jock by any means.  Just thinking about Pat in the later years.  Middle/high school is hard enough without having some coordination issues. 

* I hope Pat gets a mixture of mine and Jacob's temperaments.  I am a feisty, hot shot, where Jacob  is almost too calm and cool.  Somewhere inbetwen us would be perfect.  Still being able to express and work through emotions, and yet stay calm and cool in certain situations. 

* I hope Pat gets Jacob's musical talent.  I can play/march, but Jacob is gifted in so many ways muscially.  I love that part about him.  Music can open so many doors in so many different ways. 

* I hope Pat has a God fearing, loving, emphathic heart.  I believe this is the only way to move through life in a positive way.

Now these hopes are not in any order, and no I do not care more about outside appearances.  It is just the outside appearance is genetic, and not much more I can do at this point.  I know as a teacher, there are a lot of things on my list that are nurture.  So I hope for Pat that we will be able to help nurture Pat the way we should as parents.  And that being said me as a parent is a whole different post for a different time. 

I know the Lord has it all planned out, and I know Pat will come out the way he/she is suppose to.  But I think it is totally normal for every first time parent to dream/wish/hope for certain things for their baby.  Plus being bed ridden gives me WAY too much time to think.....

No comments: