For the first time ever I ran 16 miles. It took 3 hours and 10 minutes, but it was an amazing 3 hours and 10 minutes. Our group, Get Fit Atlanta, rotates locations for their "winter" training. So we get to go to different locations and run different routes. At first I was a bit worried. The Silver Comet Trail, where we normally run, is relatively flat which is hard to find here in metro Atlanta. So when I finally thought about our long runs, and where we would be running I freaked out a little bit. Get Fit takes the winter season to train us on hills to get our endurance up. Well hills is not what I want or need when I am talking 16-24 miles, and everyone else is doing 3-7. HA!
So we were in Marietta, GA for Saturday, and I was super nervous about the hills but I went out with the thought of tackling these 16 miles. And tackle them I did. It was a pretty flat run for the most part. There was a 3/4 of a mile up hill battle toward the end, but it was a nice break to stop and speed walk.
Jacob went out with me and we hooked up with another Get Fitter who is running Disney. We all took it easy, didn't kill ourselves, I kept my heart rate under control, and finished really, really strong.
I am a bit in shock of how good I felt during, and after. But super happy that this is how I do feel! Jacob and I have a half marathon (13.1 miles) on Turkey Day, and this will serve as a training run. I want to do the half in under 2 hours and 30 minutes. A good goal to have I think.
I hope all is well with everyone. Happy Turkey Day if I don't get on here before then. Stay positive, and thankful!
1 comment:
gosh you inspire me! i am going to try and go on a trip this february where i will hike medical supplies to villages in the himalayas (www.mountainchild.org) and in order to do that i need to get my BUTT in shape.
how did you and jacob do in the half marathon?!
Post a Comment