Monday, September 6, 2010

3day weekends

Oh how I wish every weekend could be a 3 day weekend. This weekend I have accomplished the following:

* the rough draft of my THESIS! All 32 pages are complete. All 11 papers are typed out in rough draft form! I have to re-read each paper, and put it in APA style, but the hardest part is done! I finished it yesterday afternoon, and no one was home to celebrate with. I was like running around the house shouting I was SO SO happy!

* Laundry, grocery, cleaning supplies/toiletries shopping. I try very hard to get these things done every weekend, but it rarely actually happens. I have talked about my coupon clipping and I have different stores in which I buy each item. I go to Kroger for grocery shopping, and Walmart for my toiletries, and cleaning supplies.

* Our bedroom was deep cleaned. Vacuumed, dusted, windexed, and the closet organized. Jacob and I have three large bags that I will drop off to Goodwill this week.

* I got our budget updated. I am super crazy about the budget. I have an itemized excel worksheet. I had gotten a little bit behind.

* I organized our workout stuff. We had accumulated a large (semi-huge) pile in the corner on of our room. It is now all put away in an organized manner in a wicker chest. I can see the entire corner of our room now, and you wouldn't even know it was workout stuff if you didn't know.

* I organized/cleaned our cleaning closet. Because I must keep everything so clean, I have a lot of cleaning supplies. I also have different baskets for all of the different products. But I couldn't find what I needed, thought I was out of toilet cleaner, but I had 3 cans. So I just emptied the whole closet, and it is so pretty now. I know exactly what I have, or needed (hence why I made a trip to Walmart).

So as you can see I had a fantastically productive weekend. I also had time to help set up the Get Fit Atlanta Tent at an Expo, take a 10 mile run, volunteer for three hours at the Expo for Get Fit, volunteer at Buckhead little kids church, get my lesson plans completed, and have a celebratory dinner with the Burden's! So I got in a lot of time for myself too.

I am overall just so pumped about my paper being done. I am hoping to have a great 4 day week. My class starts again next weekend. Jacob has a tri next weekend. I am sad I won't be there, but there are a ton of Get-Fit people going to be there, so he will be in good hands. I will try to write a little later this week.

But man, how I wish every weekend could be a 3 day weekend.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Holy cow. I'm impressed. And I'm with you - LOVE 3 day weekends! I think it should be a new law - 4 day work week, three day weekend. I honestly think we'd be healthier as a society, don't you? =)