So you know I have been trying to push these last 5 or so lbs away. But in the same breath I need to be eating enough carbs, and sugars to get my body to perform athletically. So I have been doing some research.
The newest research I have been conducting has been on green tea. I don't drink coffee, and sometimes need a pick me up (caffine) and I am trying not to get it from Diet Coke. So green tea seems to be the answer. Jacob and I bought a little 8 pack of green tea energy to see if that will do the trick.
Well I really don't like hot drinks. I always burn my tongue, and hate having to wait for it to cool down. So in my head I think I will make the green tea packets into cold tea, and drink it in the morning.
So this morning (I really should have planned ahead of time) I wanted to make my cold tea. But after looking on the internet, and the tea box and packet I find that to make cold tea out of the packets becomes a two hour ordeal, and normally you have to make 5-6 packets at a time. And then it only lasts about 2 days in the fridge. So that would be wasting tea. So a big girl me decides I will drink hot tea. I found Jacob's old coffee to go cup and started the water. So begins my failure of being a grown up.....
I started heating the water (the packet said not quite to boiling, and not to do it in the microwave, so I had it on the stove). I was busy packing my lunch for the day while it heated. I checked it and it still had a little more time, so I went in the bedroom to get the dogs bones. By the time I got back the water was boiling. So I took it off the stove. Did I mention we don't have a tea pot or anything, so I was boiling it in a pan. I held it over the sink and began to pour it in the cup, and you guessed it, splashed some on my hand. Not too bad. I filled the cup and put in the tea packet. It said to wait 2-3 minutes and then drain the rest of the packet with fingers.
It was super hot, of course, as it had been boiling so when the 3 minutes was up, I tried to release the packet juice, and I burned my thumb and pointer finger. I gave up on trying to get the liquid out, and called it good. I screwed the cap on the cup, and felt like a grown up carrying the cup out to the car. I left the top drinking slit open as to cool it off. It is hot here so I had the air on in the car. I was almost to school, and I decided to take a sip.
It was still SUPER hot. So I burnt my tongue, the roof of my mouth, and I am pretty sure the backside of my throat. Amazing.... I unscrewed the top as to let it cool off more, and turned the corner to get to school. Of course the liquid went flying out of the cup, and onto my leg. My jean shorts took away most of the heat, but still.... grrr....
I am now at school. Slowly sipping the tea. I made the tea almost 2 hours ago, and it is still a little too warm for my liking.
I am pretty sure I fail at being a grown up today...
1 comment:
Hmm...do you have a tea pot, like the kind that whistles? For some reason that seemed to help me when I did the tea thing (I actually hate tea but did do it for a bit during all the fertility stuff)...it seemed to get it at a better temp. But, for the most part, I'm with you...I can't ever get tea at just the right temperature the way I can coffee. I totally sympathize.
Post a Comment