Thursday, March 11, 2010

N.E.R.D.

My fifth grade team consists of 6 other teachers. 5 other classroom teachers and then one challenge teacher. The 5 other teachers and myself have been together for 3 straight years, and if all goes well (with GA's budget, with contracts, and teacher allotments) we should be asked to return to the same position next year. We have been together so long, and as 5th grade teachers we spend a lot of time together. By that I mean we have graduation, exhibition, musical, and Camp Calvin, as activities that no other grade level is required to do. We put in a lot of after school hours, and an overnight trip, which means we get to hang with each other a lot I feel really blessed to have a team I want to hang with, and not have to hang with. God blessed me when he placed me in fifth grade. Anywho, the whole point of this, is that we each have our "parts" in the team. My part is called N.E.R.D. They laugh at all my sticky notes, my color-coded calendars, how I stay on top of grading and lesson plans, and of course their favorite: my binders....lots and lots of binders.

However, they laugh until they need some kind of information. Who do they come to? Who do they come to when someone needs to report some data, or who is in charge of organizing field trips. Every time I would become a dork and show off a new binder, or my color coded calendar, the team would give me a letter. First it was an N. Then I received an E...then it was R....and I have finally earned the D. Now we all laugh about this, and HELLO I have known my over attentiveness and slight OCD is too much for the average person. However I am proud of my letters. All of them! N.E.R.D!

Went to the docs yesterday. I will warn you before you go any further...I talk about urine. Stop now if you don't want to know...

**The protein in my pee stayed the same so I am just producing more. No biggy. Then blood and white cells show up, but no UTI. Disgusting...but the truth. The doc doesn't know why the new issues, but she was not too concerned. The urine is going to be processed at another lab, and then I will most likely have to go back in again. Seriously wish I could have a more exciting report.

Oh well. Jacob and I race our 10K (6.2 miles) on Saturday. Wish us luck. All I want to do is run the whole 6 with out stopping. I feel like I can do it ;)

2 comments:

Sara said...

Good luck on your 10K!! We miss you, on facebook and in real life. :-) Hope we get to hang soon!

Sara said...

PS-I am also in constant awe of your NERD-dom. You inspire me!