Tuesday, March 23, 2010

5 hour naps

Naps are what I consider a normal part of life. I could say that most people enjoy an hour or less nap. However, my naps are a bit different. If I am going to take a nap...it is for a long, long time. On average that means 5 hours. As a young 20 something it was very hard for me to "find" the time to take an "Amanda Nap". I soon found that my body could not function without these "naps". I would soon get so sick, have to sleep all the time, and then repeat. I eventually took matters into my hands, and found the time to get in some extra rest.

I don't need these naps because I do not get enough sleep at night. On a school night I love to be in bed by 9pm, 10pm at the latest. I sleep the whole night and wake up around 5am. At least once a week I go to bed at 6pm, and love every second of it. I need these naps to keep my body moving at the pace I push it.

It has been a long way around trying to figure out what works for my body. I have come to understand that these "naps" are 100% necessary to take care of myself.

So yes, I am only 26 years old, and LOVE taking LONG, LONG naps. I have to wonder what will my nap time be when I am in my 70's or 80's? Possibly days at a time ;)

1 comment:

laughterismedicine said...

Do you take naps like that every day? Because I, too, find myself dragging in the extreme if I don't get at least an hour, and I don't do as much as you do.