Wednesday, July 8, 2009

3 Years Ago

This blog will be relatively short as when it comes to writing about my love for Jacob....believe it or not I become quite speechless. Three years ago today we tied the knot in my childhood church in Zeeland. The day was perfect. I joke a lot that I want to have another wedding because the day was so fantastic.
Jacob and I have been a couple for almost 10 years. We have been through many trials that some couples will never face. I feel that we were lucky to go through the trials we have. I have no doubt of Jacob's intentions and know he will truly be there when I really need him. I never have to question where his heart is.

This morning I woke up to my phone letting me know I had a text. I reached for my phone and on top of it was a black box. I got my senses back and opened the box. Inside was a Journey Necklace (photo below). I was so happy. Remember we have had family with us for the past two weeks. When did he have time to get this? The Journey Necklace is to represent the past, present, and future. To me this necklace really resembles all of that. Our past has made us strong for the present, and what we are doing in the present is setting us up for our future.


I am completely blown away with Jacob's gesture. We had not talked about this, and I honestly had no idea. What a way to wake up three years later next a guy who I really want to spend a long time with. I feel blessed, and giddy on this special day for us.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Sweet Jacob - that's awesome!!

Allie said...

Happy Anniversary!!!