Well this will be a post with a couple different topics. But overall these past few weeks have really left me with a peaceful heart and mind.
Jacob: As I stated previously I have been really, really proud of him lately. Well another reason for me to fall head over heels in love with him is that he now jumps for Air Shows. His first air show was last weekend in Warren Robins (South GA). It was my first experience to see him jump in person. I was so excited, and our friend Sara went along with me to see it. She is the one who maned the video camera for the video below. Man did I get nervous right before the jump. His plane circled the air field for almost a half hour before the jump. That made me SUPER nervous. But it was amazing, and GREAT! Below is the jump. He is the second to last and Sara zooms in after he jumps out! I am so proud! :)
Also this weekend Jacob is in Key West, FL, where he was supposed to jump into the ocean. Only their plane broke down, so no jump. He was sad at first but now he is on a paid vacation. That makes him very happy. I am just so proud of all that he has accomplished. Jacob is back in form, and taking life by the horns and really making his mark in this world. I am just such a proud wife :)
5th Grade World: Well last week was the big overnight camping trip with my fifth graders. It was a new camp that we had never been to, and it was really nice. We had a couple of accidents like kids who had to go to the ER...just a boy chasing girls and he fell down a rocky embankment. SERIOUSLY...KIDS.... Then we have our big final 5th grade project called Exhibition. My class chose their action to be better our playground. Over the past few months we have planted flowers, painted and de-nailed a bridge, cleaned out dugouts, cleaned litter, and pet waste, raked our make shift track. Now the kids have to get a presentation together to show the school and community what we have done and learned. The big idea is that the kids do all of this on their own, and do most of the learning on their level. I am proud of my kids projects, and feel they have done well. It just takes up so SO much time. Only 10 more days with my 22 angels.
Amanda: Today I officially put in my two weeks at Huntington where I tutor. I have been unhappy there for a while, and with everything else I am doing it is time to just take a break. They let me know I would be welcomed back anytime and they will only have good things to say. That makes me happy. Then I have been researching a new workout routine, and I think I have decided to start Triathlon training. There is a group that trains right here in Smyrna, but their open enrollment ended last week. Man bad timing. But they have another open enrollment in July and I am going to shoot for that. I need a little more motivation in my working out and I think this will do it. So until July I will keep working on my 3 mile time, as that is what places us in our training group.
Well that is about it. Click here to see some of the still photos of Jacob's jump. Seriously so proud!
No comments:
Post a Comment