Saturday, August 17, 2019

We Gave Up

We gave up on the countdown.  The date for the final goodbye has been very elusive.  It has changed.  It has gone back.  It changed again. 

So we just stopped counting down. 

The day will come.  Soon. Or sometime.  Eventually.   

And then in all this back-to-school-deployment-nonsense, we lost our youngest cat Greg.  Just when I was pretty sure my emotional bucket was already overflowing, bam.  We are now a one cat household.    I am still working through those emotions myself. 

Not even too much more to write.  Just know if I lose my patience with you. It is not you.  If you see me lost in my thoughts.  It isn't you.  Just me.  Me trying to sort through some really tough emotions.  Me trying to fight through the desire to scream as I have so little control over any of it.  Just me trying to support two sad littles who lost their cat and are preparing to say goodbye to their daddy. 

But at least we gave up on the countdown.  So at least there's that. 

We will miss you Gregory George. 




No comments: