There are a few reasons I came back to this blog.
1 - The last post was early 2017. Um. Well a lot has changed in 2 years.
2 - The title is A Day in the Life of and well, most really have no idea what is it is like to be a Larkin as of late
3 - We have some news.
We need to put a rush on our 2019 Bucket List. We are trying very hard to get all 19 items checked off for our 2019 year list, but we are aware our 2019 year together is running short.
Jacob is being deployed.
→Let's start with some rules. Not my rules, but Federal Military rules. Due to Operational Security (OpSec for short) there are a few, okay a lot, of rules we have to follow to ensure the security of all of our troops. There will be no specific dates put online. There will be no references to where in the world he is. I will not mention the company in which he is deploying with unless it is posted by the government first. Any mention of any of the above in a comment will be deleted as soon as I see it. Not because I don't appreciate your comments, but because of OpSec. So let's work together to keep our soldiers safe and not post any of that stuff anywhere on the "medias" ←
Rules done.
I have been holding back on blog posts for a while for about as many reasons as I knew I needed to write one. The biggest reason was that putting it out there means it is really happening. Other people will know about it. They will ask me about it. I will have to face it head on. But in all honesty that is exactly why I need to write about it. I need others to know about this. I need others to ask me about it. I need to move through the emotions.
So what now. Since I am finally out of the "toddler" phase of mothering (can y'all believe I shop in the "big kid" sections for my kids clothes) my physical exhaustion is down, which allows for my creative/writing energy to come through. Not to mention I just have the time as it isn't taken up following littles around to make sure they survive to the end of the day. Mine can actually entertain themselves for 20 minutes at at time before I am called in to referee a sibling fight. So with this new found time I hope to give a little bit of a look into what it is like to have a deployed spouse/dad. Over the next few months we will go through many trainings (some longer than others) all building up to a deployment.
So many are asking, what can I do to help. For right now, if you are a person of prayer, do so. Pray for our time that we have left before the deployment, that we will be able to use our time wisely for our relationships but also in preparation. If you are more of a doer, make sure to check in with me. I won't reach out for help. I am terrible at that. More on that topic later I am sure. Check in and invite me out. Be specific, kids or no kids. And sometime I might need a break from the kids. I have a team behind me, and I know that our family will dominate this and come out stronger after it is all said and done.
So lets put a rush on getting these bucket list items checked off.
1 comment:
Writing is SUCH a good way to help you process all that is happening at the moment as will as express the usual emotions that thoughts of the future times can bring. You already know you have full support from us...Grandparents can help in TONS of ways! You won't have to ask...we'll offer as you know. Getting OFF of social media with all of this is good for the troops for security, but actually good in countless ways that I think you will appreciate as this time unfolds in your life! Sending love...to ALL! It's tough on kids, tough on YOU, and tough on Jacob as well.
Post a Comment