38 weeks pregnant.
To say I have hit the point of wanting this baby to make its grand appearance is a bit of an understatement. I know most women who have been at this point are nodding their head in agreement. It comes with the territory.
But all seems to be going great. I am seeing both doctors, blood and baby, each week. That is getting to be a little much, but something I knew came with the deal I had to make to be in this position. My platelets are actually higher at 38 weeks with Baby Dos than I was at this point with Cade. Which is a great place to be in. Now, I am not considered to be a "normal" pregnancy by any means, but starting at 245 platelets has made a difference. All is perfect in baby world, and the baby doc says that unless my platelets drop drastically, we are going to let nature happen...to an extent....
Due date is the 28th. We have an induce date of Feb. 27. I had a pretty good feeling that would be the case. My doctors don't like to induce on the weekend (we went back and forth about that with Cade), and although my doctor is all about "nature" there is something to be said about having a controlled environment, and not allowing my platelets the opportunity to go too low.
So new goal: Get to Friday, February 27
I also like the idea of a date on the calendar. The idea of a controlled environment with my doctors who have done this before adds to a sense of calmness for Jacob and I. Giving a date to my substitute teacher is really nice too. Something to work towards. A little more time with it just being one little man. A little more time to finish up the projects around the house.
But I know nature. I more so know when I make a plan it rarely goes as I planned. So we have a plan for Cade. We have Cade's bag packed, the baby's bag packed. Jacob and I are getting around to our bags being packed. The nursery is complete enough to bring a baby home to it. If I get through tonight the nursery will officially be complete. We can always use a little more time to work on the reorganization of the basement.
But I know, I know..... Nature has a mind of her own
No comments:
Post a Comment