Sunday, March 24, 2013

A Few Things Happening

It takes a lot to knock me on my booty.  I am a fighter.  But last weekend I spent all of Sunday with a 103 temperature.  I choose to stay on the couch, but I still had to call in a sub, and stay home on Monday.  Monday I ended up spending over 2 hours in the waiting room to get Cade checked out, as he ended up with an ear infection, so not too much rest.  Then it was back to work, and full time mommy duty in the evenings, all the while I felt like I was only getting sicker. 

Finally, on Friday I drove myself to Urgent Care, to find out I have a double ear infection, bronchitis, and strep throat.  Needless to say I have been on couch lock down all weekend.  Which brings me to have some time to get this on paper I guess.

An Officer's Wife
I am one.  J is officially an officer.  His first schedule, is of course a rough one.  We figured for this.  It just really didn't help with me not feeling up to par.  His shift has him leaving for work in the afternoon, and not getting off till after I am already asleep.  He is still sleeping when I leave for work.  So we don't see each other face to face all week long.  We set up a "message center" to help us communicate things that need to be done, but this shift will take some getting used to.  For me, it means I work all day, pick up Cade, and become a single mom.  Thank goodness he is on a schedule, as that is one of the only things that saved me this past week.  It was a major struggle. 

Exercise, what is that?
I haven't been active for an entire week.  I know that shouldn't devastate anyone, but it has been a very hard week for me.  Between my schedule, and J's schedule, and me not feeling well, exercise was the LAST thing on my mind.  But....

I worked really hard at watching my food intake, and adding exercise, and I was able to make my pre-pregnancy weight two weeks ago.  It was such an amazing feeling for me.  I lived in bliss for a week, and then became so ill, I couldn't keep food down, nothing sounds good, and all healthy eating/activity goes out the window.  So it has been a struggle mentally for me to be sick this past week. 

I have a superhero race that looms over me at the end of April, and not to mention I am the bike leg for an Ironman in Oct.  I need to be making my goals.  Being sick has not helped me mentally at all.  I know for most people a week off isn't the end of the world, but for me, it has been a blow. 

Cade is 7 Months
I am not sure how we have survived, but Cade turns 7 months old today.  He has filled our lives with laughter, tears, frustrations, and happiness we would never have known without him.  Little man is spouting 2 teeth and is still coughing from his ear infection.  But he sticks to his schedule, and is a good baby.  We are blessed. 

So all in all we have been super busy, and quite a few changes knocking us around a bit, but we are still hanging strong, and keep our head above the water.   My hope for this week is I can start feeling better, which will make any kind of change easier. 

No comments: