Good night NURSE! I can not believe what I did this morning. First thing I was up at 6am (on a Saturday) and was out of the house by 6:30 on my way to meet my running group. Then while running our 5 miles (with a good friend who has taken me under her wing, Marietta) she talked me into signing up for my first tri! It will be Oct. 4. I am still in shock. Here is the website with a bit of information. I have 2 months to get in shape and do my thing. This is the smallest kind of tri, called a "sprint tri" I am looking just to get a feeling of a tri, and to, of course, finish one. I will not be thinking about speed, or time, just to get across the finish line. Still in shock, but feel great I have a goal.
My training schedule is pretty much as follows:
Monday: Off - they do sprints but I have my Bible Study Group so I take Monday's off
Tuesday: Run 4-5 miles (this will increase as I become stronger) through the hills of Buckhead
Wednesday: Swim - right now I am working on my breathing drills, but I swim about 800 meters
Thursday: Spin (stationary bikes drills, lead by a coach) for 60 min, and then a 2 mile run (appr. 20 min)
Friday: Social night for Get-Fit but I am doing 2-5 miles on my own (Jacob normally joins)
Saturday: Mornings are LONG RUNS. This could be 5-15 miles right now. I am only up to 6 miles. Sometimes starting at 11:00 we will bike on open roads....this will start up again in Sept.
Sunday: Off - The tri group does open water swim (in a lake) but it starts about 11:00 and I can't make it and do UpStreet. I am talking to a couple of other people who do church in the mornings, so we might be able to do a later group. So if I don't make it to swim...I try to run on my own.
That is my life right now. I start school on Tuesday and I am ready. I am feeling like I am ready to take on another year. I am very proud of myself, and feel weird by saying that, but I have shed 35 lbs, built an amazing amount of muscle, and my body is SUPER toned. I hope to keep this training up during the school year. I think it is very manageable.
When I started this blog it was to help me get through ITP, which I am through. I think the idea of the blog will start to change to a "running" blog. I will talk a lot about this, but it is becoming a wonderful part of my life. I need this first tri to really sink in I think. WOW 2 months to GO!!!
1 comment:
Wow girl, that is AWESOME!! You are inspiring me for getting in shape post baby. Good for you!!
Post a Comment