Sunday, October 19, 2008

A rousing recap!!!


Okay it has been a while and not completely my fault.  My life is just a bit out of control.  Between regular school commitments, tutoring, wife commitments, Church and small group I have not had more than 1 hour of down time in almost 3 weeks.  I know, I know...don't wear your body out, slow down...enjoy life.  Well I happen to be really enjoying life so far :)

Umm...trying to think what has happened.  I took my fifth grade class (read field trip) up to the top of Stone Mountain.  They were so well behaved, and the trip was amazing.  A great landform lesson, and we tied it into the Civil War - yes for double dipping to teach!!

For our fall festival I volunteered to be in the dunk tank for 20 minutes.  Needless to say I really didn't think my fifth graders would have as great of aim as they did.  HAHA!  I ended up soaked!
 
I had a birthday!  The kids totally spoiled me, and I got a fantastic cake (one of my students grandparents own a local bakery) and the kids all made cards.  Then they all wrote one thing they LOVE about Mrs. Larkin on a sticky note, and placed it on this decorated poster.   It was so sweet, to read some of their comments!  That meant a lot to me!  Jacob ordered in Chinese for me, and then I went to sleep early!  The best kind of birthday you can have.

And now I am exactly 5 days away from the Breast Cancer 3-Day.  I am really getting nervous.  I know I will be able to do the first 20 miles no problem, it is the other 40 I am nervous about.  I want to thank everyone who helped me financially, and with their thoughts to get to the place that I am now.  I will be sure to update this after the walk.  My mom is coming down ATL Thursday night, and then will leave Monday afternoon.  I can't wait to hang out with her!!

Well seriously I think that is the big stuff that went on.  The next two weeks is parent-teacher conference, and with no union down here that means we stay after school until 5pm at least for two weeks straight.  I am not really looking forward to that...oh well!  Hope all is well!

No comments: