
Well another thing that might throw a few of you for a loop, but I was accepted into Central Michigan University (CMU) graduate school!! I just found out last night. Now let me give some details!
#1 CMU has a campus down here in Atlanta, actually about 5 miles away from our purple house. I am not moving back to MI.
#2 I will have real professors, and NO online classes!
#3 The program will be for my Masters in Educational Leadership ( I also hope to get my doctorate in the same field. I hope to have my doctorate by the time I am 30!)
#4 I will start in January and graduate in Dec. 2010
#5 Classes are held every other Friday night (until 8) and Saturday 8-2. I will have some summer classes, but it depends on how the cohort wants to do summer classes. I might keep up the Friday and Saturday thing or we would go for 2 straight weeks, and get it over with ( I vote for that)
#6 A cohort is a small group of students who start the program together, take every class together, and then graduate together. For this program they only accepted 25 to be in the cohort out of some 400 applications. I am completely honored!
#7 I am a total dork and LOVE school! I am so excited for this program to begin!
As I said earlier I can't believe I was chosen. I did have some doubts as I have only been in the classroom for two years, and there were some people applying that had been in the classroom for 15+. I am super stoked and can't believe I might still be able to achieve my (unattainable as I thought) goal as having my doctorate by the age 30! WOW OH WOW! I am just so excited and had to share!
PEACE AND LOVE!!
PS I will always be a Bronco! My undergrad years meant the world to me. I will never cheer for CMU. I just wish Western would get in gear and get a campus down here! LOVE YOU BRONCOS!!
No comments:
Post a Comment