Monday, September 1, 2008

Our First Project

Okay our first project was done with not so much planning, and with both of us battling colds. But it is done, and only took us the later part of an afternoon. What you are looking at is my new creative memory station. I have shelves above (they were already there) and then Jacob and I put together the drawers and made the counter top....I can't wait to get all my stuff in there! It is not all done being painted but we wanted it kinda done so I could at least start setting stuff up. I am so proud of Jacob as he has really taken on many house projects, and this one was our biggest, and most involved. I LOVE IT!

So most of today will consist of me organizing the basement. Most of the stuff down there is mine anyways. That is really the last area in the house that has boxes to be put away. We are pretty proud of how far we come and I don't think we have had a single day off together since we moved.

Like I said Jacob and I are battling colds. Well I got it first, on Monday, and then pasted it to him, about Thursday. I am almost completely over mine, so Jacob's shouldn't last too much longer we are hoping. Needless to say neither one of us has slept too well the past week. :)

Well not much else to post. The week was a week...Oh I was thinking I would go out and rake our yard today because tropical storm Fay had knocked a whole bunch of leaves off of our trees, but today we are getting rain, and wind from Gustov, and I guess as Gustov winds down we will be getting hit from Hannah. Jacob and I love storms so we are loving this weather. I do know these storms are doing horrible things to places where Jacob and I have friends and family. We pray that they are all safe, and ask that they be given wisdom on when to leave if that is necessary. The weather we are getting here in Atlanta is only a one-hundredth of what the coast is getting, we just hope the U.S. is much more prepared than we were three years ago.

The best to all of you! Thanks for reading!!

No comments: