Sunday, November 9, 2014

All Over

Where has my head been lately?  All over.

Mommy-world
   I have only been feeling like an okay mom as of late.  October is always a hard month for teachers, with parent-teacher conference, and a district that does give any time to hold those conferences, except your own time.  So between holding 25 conferences, weekly doctor appointments, and trying to balance what time I have left, I have not felt like I have been able to find a balance since going back to school in July.  But the last week, whew. Finally.  We are back to following our weekly schedule, eating at home, at the dinner table.  Although it has been getting dark at 5:30, we have still been able to go for our family walks, and I just feel like our time together has been more meaningful. Jacob and I just were talking the other day about how much laughter Lil' Boo brings to our lives.  He is talking so much now, not that we understand all of it, but that is what keeps us laughing.  He is in his full on I-will-throw-a-tantrum-at-any-moment-I-don't-feel-understood phase, but we are just taking it in stride.  We are a time out giving family, and Cade will push limits but he respects the time out, and seems to change his behaviors for now.  He LOVES reading his books, they are mostly about trucks, cars, or trains.  The rest of his days are filled with jumping, singing, and playing his cars, trucks, and trains. 

Wife-World
    This is a hard place to describe.  Jacob and I have such a crazy schedule, that we have so little time together.  But that isn't my fault, or Jacob's fault.  It isn't because we don't want to be spending time together, it is just we don't have time together.  The bonus for Cade is that he gets a lot of time with either Jacob or I, and I think that is a great way to look at our current situation.

Amanda-World
Health - My platelets are low.  I have hit my bottom mark given to me by my blood doctor. Only a few weeks ahead of what we thought.  I started to plummet with Cade around 6 months of my pregnancy, and this time I was 5 months one week.  As of right now I am not doing anything differently, we are just holding for now.  I broke my toe about a week ago.  There is a first time for everything.  Since there is nothing you can do for a broken toe, I am going on with life.

Teaching - A struggle.  I love teaching.  I think my passion is still there.  It is just I feel like I do so little actual teaching.  As I said above I have yet to feel like I found my balance yet, and the scale has been tipped in the way of work.

Athletics - I completed my longest 13.1 mile race towards the end of October.  I came down a stomach bug/flu the day before the race. Because I wasn't keeping anything in me, I under nourished myself for the race.  Nothing goes in, nothing comes out.  I finished the race, and have been on the mend since.  I am still working hard to try and keep up with some kind of mileage during the evening.  It is more of a waddle, than a run, but every now and then I will do a run/walk workout and I still have it.  Baby Dos is not as comfortable with the running as Cade was.  Cade used to sleep during my runs, and then for a few hours afterwards.  Baby Dos is awake and kicking through most of my workout, and afterwards.  Overall I am still happy I am still cleared to get out there and try and walk off some of my stress.

Pregnancy - I still have not come to terms with the biggest news as of late.

The ultra sound had me completely silent, I spent some time with my mouth open, and then the shock started to set in.  I am not ready for a girl.  We, of course, are happy with a healthy child, but for Jacob he is on cloud 9.  I might also be considered to be on cloud 9, but because I am still sure there will be a penis found in the next ultrasound.  I am just as in shock as I was at the ultra sound.  But in other news nothing much to report.  Everything seems to be going well.  I am bigger with this pregnancy, and Baby Dos is way more active than Cade was, but overall everything is falling into place.  This pregnancy has me feeling a lot more confident, mostly because my doctors seem more confident.  I feel like I know what "should" be coming next, and that is a great place for me to be in.  I know the end of February will be here before we know it.

So where has my brain been lately?  Everywhere.  Just trying to get through everyday life. But feeling blessed, to be where I am right now. 

No comments: