Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Year of the Larkins

2012.  It is here.  I wouldn't say I am in shock that it is here.  2012.  It has a nice ring to it.  And really it doesn't come as a surprise.  The year 2012 has been mentioned since we all survived the millennium.   

This year marks 10 years since my high school graduation.  10 years since I moved out of my small home town. 10 years ago Jacob and I were able to spend 2 weeks in Kenya, Africa, a trip of a lifetime.  10 years ago Jacob left for the military.  2002 was a good year for the two of us.  That year we both took some major leaps in faith.  We gained some valuable lessons, and friendships that year. 

We find ourselves in 2012.  A friend of ours, Pete, has been telling us that he can feel 2012 is going to be the year of the Larkins.  And he has been reminding us of that phrase for the past month and a half.  So to be honest it has kinda changed my outlook. 

This might be the year of the Larkins.  I mean we have a lot of opportunities just hanging out there that can/will be resolved in some way this year.  I don't see these as resolutions, and because of that I am not sure I have any resoloutions.  I see this year as life that is going to happen, and going to change the outcome of the rest of our lives. 

Jacob will be paid by the Army this year.

Jacob will gain a secure career, and one that he is happy in.

We will make a final decision on what the word family means to us. 

So all in all 2012 could really end up being the year of the Larkins.  And I have to admit I wouldn't mind life changes that just happened, and we didn't have to spend too much energy on them.

No comments: