So the last post was just a quick catch up. I have a bit more time on my hands than originally thought, so I can go into a bit more detail about my thought process about life.
The big thing I have had to process is this change to 3rd grade. I have never truly gotten a real answer from any of the administration, but my principal did ask me to consider taking over the 3rd Grade Leadership position. I considered it, and decided that it would be worth it. The con is that I am leading, and making decisions for a grade/team I am unfamiliar with, but the pro is it will give me a lot of experience, and look good on a resume. I talked with the 3rd grade team and they all agreed that I would make a good leader, and wham bam....another change...I am now one of the leaders in the school.
This month left me with little time to sit and think about the change, and how it went down. I am still upset at how it went down, and that I had no say in any of it. But like my wonderful military husband says "what is..is". Apparently there is nothing that I can do but have an attitude change.
The hardest part of it all was packing up my room, and having to hand over all of my fifth grade stuff to what is the new 5th grade team. There were many moments where our team was busy doing 5th grade things, and we all looked at each other and pointed out it was the last time we would be doing that together. I was so lucky to have been placed on that team, and friendships I have made will impact me through life. It is one of those moments where you think God put me in that place for a reason, and he must be moving me for some reason too.
So, all in all, I am still not happy about it, but my room is packed, I have all my boxes in my new classroom, I am purchasing new 3rd grade items, and I have packed up all of my 5th grade binders.
My attitude is now "what is...is...."
No comments:
Post a Comment